Site Meter The Garbage Man: A Very Hot Day, And A Very Cold Beer

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A Very Hot Day, And A Very Cold Beer

Today was very hot, it started out overcast but cleared up by 11:00am I haven't posted the past couple days because i've been sooooo tired, i've been workind 12 and 13 hour days, because the guy who usually runs the show is on vacation and the guys running it now seem to be making some bad decisions. I learned that our company gets fined $250 per street not done by 5:00. There has definatly been some fines given for the past couple days. I almost passed out today from the heat, and beeing exhausted from the long days. I got dizzy and my legs started to shake, but I made it. One person left 2 cold cans of Pepsi out for me today, and another man brought me out two cold cans of beer (Thanks!). I gave one of each of these to my driver, and I saved the beer for after work. I've been on the crapiest garbage truck of our fleet all week. this truck is so bad that it overheats and shuts off frequently. Apparently it is not properly registerd either and we spent the day avoiding the department of transportation, who found one of our trucks and sent it back to the shop today. Unfortunatly they didn't find us though, I was trying to get my driver to go park on a main road so they would, but he wouldn't go for it. Well time to finish off this beer and grab a bite to eat before I call it a night, I better see some overtime on my next check. My pet peeve for the day is people who fill up cardboard boxes with garbage, then put them out the night before when it's going to rain. As soon as I pick them up there is a mess everywhere, so today I started putting a sticker on every cardboard box stating it was an unacceptable contatiner and I would not take it.

2 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Blogger Freddie L Sirmans, Sr. said...

Just browsing the internet, very interesting website.

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where I live, the garbage collectors don't even get out. We have these city trash cans that we put the wheels on the curb and the trucks have arms on them to pick them up. The driver never gets out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home