Site Meter The Garbage Man

Monday, July 03, 2006

A "Garbage" Garbage Truck and a Small Injury

Today was a pretty easy day, howver we received a new truck from another province, which infact is not very new at all, and of course I was stuck using it. It took awhile to catch on how it worked since the handles were slightly differnt, and there is a button you have to hold in for safety reasons so you cant reach the back of the truck at the same time. Whats the fun in that? I was working with a guy today who aparently is on the verge of loosing his job from what I hear, for beeing to slow. He has had 2 injuries in the past month, and today he cut open his elbow from broken glass in a bag. For all you readers out there, please remember to either label your bags with broken glass, or put it in a seperate cardboard box. You may remember its in there when your dragging your trash to the curb, but it's impossible for us to tell when were loading them on the truck. The injury wasn't too serious, maybe a stitch or two. Luckily my most serious injury so far was a bad sunburn, which was itchy and peeling today, I learned my lessons and now I coat myself in sunscreen, even if it's overcast. I wish I new how to fix TV's, microwaves and printers, because every second or third house seems to be throwing them away. Oddly enough, in the 20 tonns of garbage we loaded on our truck today, I didnt see one barbecue. Atleast I made it home early today, especially since it turned out to be such a nice day. hopefully it will be the same tomorrow. My pet peeve for today is people who tie their lids to their garbage cans, unless there is a garbage bag in it, but if its all loose garbage inside, when im dumping it, the lid always flips up and hits me in the head. See everyone tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home